Wednesday, February 10, 2010

ICBC question - someone has filed a false claim against me?

Three weeks ago I was involved in a minor accident, I rear ended another guy in a parking lot. I was travelling at less than 5 km/h - I just released the brake without looking forward and hit him a split second later. We exchanged information and all that, and I agreed to assume all liability because I was fully at fault and I was being honest. There was no damage to either car.





Now the guy is trying to claim both damages to his car and injuries. He is trying to claim that he requires physiotherapy for a neck injury. He is lying.





How likely is he to succeed in filing a false claim for injuries and/or damages?ICBC question - someone has filed a false claim against me?
He can file a bodily injury claim with ICBC and ICBC will have to accept the claim. Rest assured ICBC is going to investigate the claim with a fine tooth comb due to the nature of the accident. However if the other party has medical reports saying he was injured as a result of the accident then ICBC will more than likely pay the claim as they would no legal leg to stand on if the denied it.

No comments:

Post a Comment