Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Why do some think it helps to ask a question they know is absolutely false?

Someone just asked a really ignorant question (yeah I know, never happens around here lol) about why God would send Jesus here for one little sin ... and it got me wondering why anyone would think it helps their ';side'; to ask something they know absolutely to be false; don't they understand it really only makes them seem, well, not smart?





What do you think, do your morals and values allow you to ask something you know the answer to and know the ';facts'; you quote are completely wrong? Are your beliefs and morals such that it's okay for you to deliberately lie?





Now I agree that there are a lot of things people can question about the Bible and I'm always glad to give my opinion on what it means, but to appear foolish on purpose seems against my principles, what say you?Why do some think it helps to ask a question they know is absolutely false?
I think it is entertaining for them to mock the beliefs of others. And of course, it can be rationalized as ';a little white lie,'; which means exactly what to each person, I do not know. I only know that I don't believe there is any such thing.Why do some think it helps to ask a question they know is absolutely false?
She blocked me ';ouch!'; Thanks. Who knows what their motives really are.

Report Abuse



No, we're saying such things to point out how foolish YOUR beliefs are.





The irony flies over Christian's heads here quite nicely.





A lot of Christians think we're being facetious, for example, when we ask ';why won't god heal amputees';.





None of you understand how that question disproves your god. But we'll still ask it, in case one of you has a moment of clarity.
Don't worry about it. They pay the points to post, and it's a public forum. They're going to rant, let them. Don't let it get to you. And just pick and choose your questions.
Actually, if all sin is equal in the eyes of god (as many Christians claim) then the question is valid.
Look at this answer:





Jesus will forgive anything... he looks at a white lie or stretching the truth just as equal as murdering someone.








See Jesus rocks answer on this question:





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>











Like it or not, you have another fundie to blame for spreading that ';lie';. I only used her answer to ask the question.





By the way, what does it say about your morals when you ask a question in which you call me a liar but you do not allow me to see it.!!!!
Well....';your'; principles are not the same as everyone elses.
Just because you think their opinion is stupid doesn't mean it is actually incorrect.





You get my drift?
People on YA like to stir the pot. But not me of course, I stir no pots............

No comments:

Post a Comment